Thursday, August 16, 2007

My Alaskan Adventure

I recently had the opportunity of a lifetime, fishing in Alaska with my grandpa. And at risk of being left out of my grandpa's will, I am unable to discuss the exact "secret location," but I assure you it was awesome. We fished for five days on a beautful teal-colored river for king and red salmon. My biggest was in the 40 lb range, and man did it put up a fight. Catching the reds with fly rods was amazing, I could have done it all day. Highlights included taking a freshly caught king to a local restaurant where they prepared it for us four different ways and watching my aunt catapult into the glacier fed river going after a red that had gotten away. Here are some pics.


1 comment:

Packer Family said...

I can't believe how huge (and ugly) those fish are! That looks like you had an awesome trip, though. --Steff